CMU Women in Statistics
Academics. Outreach. Community.
Matched Pairs Mentorship Program. Apply today!
Matched Pairs is a mentorship program within the Stat & DS community, bringing together students from all different genders and backgrounds. Undergraduate, Masters, and Graduate students are all encouraged to apply. Pairs will be assigned based on common interests, goals, and backgrounds which could include international student concerns, LGBTQ+ experiences, challenges with underrepresentation in STEM, and more.
We hope these mentor pairs last throughout the year and beyond!
Topics a mentor pair could cover
- Professional and academic development and navigating your Stat & DS career
- Time and course load management and finding research projects
- Transitions to college or grad school
- Mandatory mentor training September 20th, 4:30-5:30pm, room TBD
- Coffee, tea, or lunch with your mentor/mentee before October 31, 2018
- Fill out a brief pre/post survey about your mentorship experience
Who would make a good mentor?
- Students who are responsible and supportive
- Students with statistics and data science experiences they want to share
- Students who want to make a difference in the Stat & DS community
Who would make a good mentee?
- Students who want to connect with others
- Students who want to become more involved in the Stat & DS community
- Students who are curious about different paths in statistics and data science
Need more info?