Subject: Fwd: [726] Kick off info
From: Joel Greenhouse <[email-masked]>
To: Brian Junker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 23:22:03 -0500

A note from Susan to the MSPs before the start of classes.

Joel

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[726] Kick off info
Date: 	Sun, 12 Jan 2020 19:40:00 +0000
From: 	Susan Buchman <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hi folks,

   Good afternoon. For those just getting into town, you missed a balmy 
day in the 70s (F) yesterday!

A few final reminders before we kick off 726:

  * As you know, the 726 client presentations will often occur during
    course time scheduled for 602 & 612 in the first two weeks. Canvas
    should always be up to date, but so long as you show up to class at
    the right day/time/place, you won't miss any content:
      o 602: MW, 10:30AM to 11:50AM, BH 235B
      o 612: F, 10:30AM to 11:50AM, SH 222
      o 726: MW, 1:30PM to 2:50PM, WEH 5409

  * Before each client presentation, we will have 3-4 students give
    their elevator pitches. It's not only good practice for you, but
    helps the client to better understand the students that they'll be
    working with.*I am soliciting volunteers for tomorrow afternoon
    *(our first client presentation) - please email me back if you're
    willing to present. Tomorrow I will send out pitch assignments for
    all other client presentations.

  * On days when we have client presentation(s), you will submit a
    summary of the presentations (due that evening). The first
    assignment is on Canvas; I suggest you take a look before the first
    presentation tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow by 10:30 am in BH 235B.

Cheers,

Susan Buchman
Faculty Director, Master of Statistical Practice Program 
<http://stat.cmu.edu/msp>
Carnegie Mellon Statistics & Data Science
Baker Hall 232A