Joseph B. Kadane
Leonard J. Savage University Professor of Statistics, Emeritus
Department of Statistics
Voice: (412) 268-8726
FAX: (412) 268-7828
- My Curriculum Vitae.
- "Pragmatics of Uncertainty"
- "Principles of Uncertainty"
- Morris H. DeGroot Memorial Lecture, November 2006 Video (Windows Media Format approx 55MB / 50 minutes)
- Are you interested in
graduate study at CMU ?
- My department catalog
- My talk at the 2010 Carnegie Mellon University Lecture Series: Journeys.
- Some recent publications:
- Kim, K.W. and Kadane, J.B. (2018). "Bayesian genotoxicity," Biostatistics and
Biometrics Open Access Journal 5(2): 555660: DOI 10.19080/BBOAJ.2018.04.555660
- Luby, A. and Kadane, J.B. (2018). "Proficiency testing of fingerprint
examiners with Bayesian item response theory," Law, Probability and Risk,
- Kadane, J.B. and Wang, Z. (2018) "Sums of possibly associated multivariate indicator functions: The
Conway-Maxwell Multinomial Distribution," Brazilian Journal of Probability and Statistics, 32(#3) 583-596
- Stuttgen, P., Boatwright, P. and Kadane, J.B. (2018). "Stockouts and restocking: Monitoring the retailer from the supplier's
perspective," Journal of Business and Economic Statistics; 36(#3) 471-482
- Kadane, J.B. (2018). "Fingerprint science," Annals of Applied Statistics,
- Spece, M. and Kadane, J.B. (2018). "The prime residue class of finitely additive distributions uniform on the
integers," Journal of Theoretical Probability, online Sept. 23,2018 DOI 10.1007/s1095-018-0860-y
- Kadane, J.B., Shmueli, G., Minka, T., Borle, S. and Boatwright, P. (2018). Note of correction: Conjugate analysis of the Conway-Maxwell
Distribution," Bayesian Analysis, 13(#3),1005
- Kadane, J.B. and Williams, K.E. (2018). "Accurate reporting of U.S. opioid deaths: Level, type, temporal and
geographical comparability," The Statistical
Journal of the International Association for Official Statistics, DOI 10.3233/S11-180451
- Kadane, J.B. and Koehler, J.J. (2018). Certainty and uncertainty in reporting fingerprint evidence, Daedalus, 147 (#4),119-134
- Barnes, B., Clark, J., Kadane, J.B., Priestly, M., Spencer, N., Tator, D., Wauthier, D. and Yohannon, J. (2018). "Latent print processing of glassine stamp
bags containing suspected heroin: The search for an efficient and safe method," Journal of Forensic Identification, 68(#4)588-606
- Kadane, J.B. (2018). "Batson and reverse-Batson motions in North Carolina: State v. Hurd and State v. Tucker," Law, Probability and Risk, 17, 263-273. doi: 10.1093/lpr/mgy015.
- Cisewski, J., Kadane, J.B. Schervish, M.J., Seidenfeld, T. Stern, R. (2018). ``Standards for modest Bayesian credences, Philosophy of Science, January, 85(#1), 53-78.
- Kadane, J.B. (2018). ``Statistics for Batson Challenges," Law, Probability and Risk, 17(#1), 1-13
- Kadane, J.B. (2017). ``Optimal sample size for risk-compensated survey assessment," Law, Probability and Risk.
- Kadane, J.B. (2017). ``Obituary of Stephen Fienberg, 1942--2016" Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, 180(#3), 927--928.
- Seidenfeld, T., Schervish, M.J. and Kadane, J.B. (2017). ``Non-conglomerability for countably additive measures that are not kappa-additive," Review of Symbolic Logic, 10(2) 284-300. doi: 10.1017.S17550201316000344.
- Thompson, W., Black, J., Jain, A., Kadane, J.B., Runkle, D., Baretta, M., and Frankel, M. (2017). ``Latent Fingerprint Analysis, Forensic Science Assessments: A quality and gap analysis," American Association for the Advancement of Science, Washington, DC.
- Nakamura, N., Seepaul, J., Kadane, J.B., and Reeja-Jayan, B. (2017). ``Design for low-temperature microwave-assisted crystallization of ceramic thin films," Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry. doi: 10.1002asmb.2243.